Forum Announcements

Forum of expats Announcements: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

⚑ EN Announcement STILL looking for expats to fill out my survey

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by saira, Oct 3, 2006.

1. saira

saira New Member

Hi Everyone!

I am STILL looking for expats to fill out my survey!!!! It's only been about 1 year :eek:

I need 20 more expats to fill out my survey!!! :x

So, if you (or anyone you know) have been working outside of your home country for at least 3 months and you have about 20 min to waste...please go to www.theintelligentexpat.com

Some questions may not apply to you so, just skip them and fill out the rest!!

Thank you so much for your help with my study!!! :p

Saira

2. Bean

Bean Member

I'm willing to fill it out, but i'm not really on any kind of "assisgnment" as i chose to move abroad, although i fit the other 2 criteria. :) If you think i qualify, i'll fill it out. Out of curiousity, what exactly are you doing your thesis/PhD study on?

3. saira

saira New Member

Yes, you qualify! If you have time, I would really appreciate it if you could fill it out!

My Phd will be in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and my concentration is in international/global relations.

In my study, I am hoping to find that those who have higher emotional intelligence (the ability to understand and manage their own, AND others emotions) will have higher adjustment while working in a new country.

Some people work in new and different environments and love it and have no problems adjusting. Others, just can't cut it. I am trying to figure out why that is? Is it their personality? Or something else? Or a combo of a bunch of things? I think emotional intelligence plays a big role.

I would like to one day, work with multi-national companies and help train their expats and make sure they have successful assignments.