Forum Russia

Forum of expats in Russia: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN St Petersburg needs some better ideas

Discussion in 'Russia' started by robert7, Apr 2, 2009.

1. robert7

robert7 New Member

City:
    St Petersburg Russia
    My I suggest that it is time to add St Petersburg and Moscow to your list of cities? It's true that compared to many other places St Petersburg doesn't have a significant expat population, but in the warmer months we do get some tourists. I haven't traveled in the west since 2004 so I know things have changed since then. Sometimes better, and sometimes worse. I write a blog which is listed in the Blog Expat Directory, American Russia Observations www.amrusob.blogspot.com.

Sometimes our city lags far behind innovation in the west. Many business and government people have little experience seeing things done in a better way in Europe and America. I am thinking about contacting the governor (the mayor) to suggest she have someone travel around Europe looking for inexpensive ways to improve the city and please the people. For instance, with a decree, she could require unit pricing in our supermarkets.

Has anyone tried to improve the city in which they live in a similar way? Any suggestions on how I could proceed?

2. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    We have not planned St Petersburg yet.... but Moscow will be published this year on EasyExpat; an editor is already working on it.