Forum Croatia

Forum of expats in Croatia: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Problems with accommodation in Zagreb (Erasmus+)

Discussion in 'Croatia' started by Student36, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Student36

Student36 New Member

Living In:
    Poland
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    Polski
    Dear Users!

I am writing this message, because I have problems with finding accommodation in Zagreb.

I am graduated in Serbo-Croatian Philology. I defended master thesis in this course in January 2017. In the period 14.09.-12.11.2017 I am serving my apprenticeship within the confines of programme Erasmus+ in this city and I would like to accommodate from 12 September 2017 to 14 November 2017.

I sent e-mails to the Student's Centre in Zagreb and pupil's dormitories (although are for pupils, sometimes admit students too) and it wasn't successful. They wrote that there's no free place of accommodation for me. Priority have people who want to go on classes. Students who want to go on apprenticeships are on the second place.

For this reason I registered on site Erasmusu.com to correspond with owners of apartments for students who go on Erasmus+. Unfortunately, this correspondence doesn't seem to create the desired effect. All landlords inform me that there's no free place of accommodation. The site Erasmusu.com isn't only site which I use.

I send messages to owners who published announcement about accommodations in other site too like Njuskalo or Home in Zagreb. They write that I can rent a room for at least 4 months or at least 1 year. For 2 months I can't rent it.

Because of this unfavourable situation I am publishing this message on this forum. I would like to ask you if it's possible to find accommodation for 2 months at any block of flats, house or apartment in Zagreb or does anybody know people who allow students to rent a room for 2 months in this period.

I can allocate 300 euros for month, but the price has to cover other payments like payment for gas, payment for water... etc. too. I would prefer to live alone in a room, so I look for rooms with only one bed. It obviously doesn't mean that I can't share the flat with other person. I can share it, but I want to have got my own bedroom. The place of my practice is situated on the street Ilica in district Crnomerec. It would be nice to rent a room near this localization, the best in district Crnomerec.

I must go for Erasmus this year, because the deadline of my practices can be 10 January 2018. This is the last date for which I can try to reschedule the finish of my practices. I can't reschedule finish of my apprenticeship for example for 25 august 2018, because graduates have right for going on Erasmus only within 1 year from the day on which they defended master thesis. Please answer.

Kind regards
    Student from Poland

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...