Forum Immigration USA

Forum of expats in the Immigration USA: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN PLEASE HELP! VISA QUESTIONS FROM AMERICAN/EGYPTIAN COUPLE!

Discussion in 'Immigration USA' started by fimasr, May 30, 2009.

1. fimasr

fimasr New Member

Hi Everyone!

I'm a US citizen and I am engaged to an Egyptian man. I am currently living in Egypt, as this is where I work, but this is not where I want to spend the rest of my life. Ideally, I would like to return to the US in 6 monts (December 09), but can't stand the thought of being without him and with the uncertainty of whether or not he will be able to get a visa to come to the US. Plus, I am going to law school next fall so my plans can't be delayed too much. My questions is: What is the best way to get my fiance to the US with me? What are my options and how long do they typically take? How do I go about all of this? How costly is it?

I know I am asking a lot. I've looked at the US State department's website and there's just so much information it's hard to digest. With the fiance visa we are required to get married within 90 days - which I don't want to do because that won't give us time to plan my dream weddling. :oops: Plus, it would be nice to be settled, with jobs, and some stability in our lives before getting married. Also, I believe I must submit this petition from the US, which means, since I won't be there for six months, his arrival would be even further delayed.

What do you think is the easiest/quickest way to go about this? Also, if it makes a difference at all (probably not), I'm also an Egyptian citizen. I know there are a lot of "sketchy" US girl/Arab man relations for visa related purposes, but this is not that whatsoever. He has met my family and everyone is in agreement. Heck, he doesn't even want to move to the US but knows that I must finish law school and doesn't want to hold me back.

PLEASE HELP!