Forum Immigration France

Forum of expats in Immigration France: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Obtaining Birth Registration for the adopted child?

Discussion in 'Immigration France' started by ChantalD, Apr 24, 2017.

1. ChantalD

ChantalD Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    english
    Has anyone gone through the process to obtain birth registration for a child adopted from China to US parents (one of whom also has dual citizenship with France)

Once I get my French Passport, I am going to go about registering my marriage and the births of my children.. 3 are biological children and I understand that process and have the forms.. however my youngest child is adopted from China.. I am confused if I can just register like for a bio child with her reissued US birth certificate (issued by our State after a Recognition of Foreign Adoption through the Family Court system) or if I need to go through the rather long and drawn out process of sending reams of paperwork to France under their Recognition of Foreign Adoption process..

Has anyone done this and what did you do?

thanks!

2. ChantalD

ChantalD Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    english
    In case anyone was wondering.. I ended up having to get all the adoption paperwork translated into French (the DC Consulate directed me to find an official translator here in the US) and then sent it all off to France with the application form.. Now we wait...

3. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Many thanks for your feedback, this is highly appreciated :thumbup:
    Best of luck for the application and as usual, keep us informed on the outcome.
    Many thanks and see you soon on the forum :wave:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...