Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Now that I have Polish Birth Certificate

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by kozman02, Mar 11, 2011.

1. kozman02

kozman02 New Member

City:
    Columbus
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    English
    Hello everyone.

Looking for a little information. After 26 months, I finally have a Polish birth certificate and my official "DECYZJA" in hand. Now, I know I need to get a PESEL number before getting my Polish passport, but I'm stuck after that. HEre is my situation.

I live in Columbus, OH.
    I have available to me interpreters fromt he Slavic Center at Ohio State University
    Can I get the form for a PESEL online and complete it?
    Where can I find the requirements for a Polish passport?
    Where do I go for the passport, Chicago or New York?
    What is the total cost for the passport?

In advance, thank you for any assistance you can send my way. Everyone have a great day.

Mike

2. marron

marron Active Member

Living In:
    Poland
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    English, Polski
    You can see the PESEL form online, and at least one of the consulates has a translation of what the items are. You cannot hand in the form you get online, but must fillout a form that they hand to you.

The consulate websites should state which states each consulate covers; you do not have a choice.

Google translate will give you a rough translation.=, too.

PP requirements are on the website, be sure to pay special attention to the photo requirements since they are different than for US passport.