Forum United Kingdom

Forum of expats in the United Kingdom: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Non-Student looking for Jobs

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Zira, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Zira

Zira New Member

City:
    Grand Canyon
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    I am not a student but I do have a few college credits. It always has been a dream of mine to live and work in the UK, even if it was a short while. When I was applying for a work visa, the company asked if I had any job offers, I did not. Then they asked if I was a student, I am not. They said they could not help me unless I go back to school or get a job offer. To cut to the chase, what companies are there that hire non-student workers with no degrees but a lot of restaurant experience such as hosting, baking, and making coffees and espresso drinks? Anything is helpful!

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello,

This is all due to visa regulation . You will find some information in our guide for expatriation to the UK/London. We have an article that is dedicated to visa and permits for the United Kingdom.

London is always offering opportunities to work in the catering industry, in pubs or restaurants. Again you will find tips in our guide.

You can also leave your CV on the site.

Best of luck and keep us in the loop on what's going on ;-)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...