Forum Immigration France

Forum of expats in Immigration France: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Non EU (Aust) husband moving to france with British Citizen

Discussion in 'Immigration France' started by goldings, Nov 9, 2010.

1. goldings

goldings New Member

City:
    Bywong
    Living In:
    Australia
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    english
    I have checked the forum but we are in a slightly differrent situation. I am married to a Brit but she moved here to Australia 30 years agoand appart from odd trips back to England has resided in Australia . She is applying for a renewal of her British passport here in Canberra and a British passport for my 11 year old son. I have had in the past 1979 a British patriality visa (my grandfather was British) The question is we want to teach in France and will call through England only for a few weeks to visit relatives in England. Can we get a EEA family permit so we both of us can work in France for more a least a few years and which Consulate here in Canberra do we apply to the French or English.

I would appreciate any help

2. kenvarra

kenvarra New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi

I hope you don't mind me contacting you but I was wondering how your situation ended up. I'm from the UK and my fiancee is is non-EU. We both want to get to the UK but given immigration rules now, we can't do that. We're looking at going to France instead but as in all these things, it's complicated. Are you in France now? Was it difficult for you?

Thank you.