Forum United Kingdom

Forum of expats in the United Kingdom: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Non EEA uk family permit.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tjvaz, Dec 27, 2011.

1. tjvaz

tjvaz Member

City:
    Mumbai
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English, Hindi, Arabic
    I need advice on applying for UK EEA FAMILY PERMIT.

Im an Indian National, (NON EEA) recently, legally married (5/11/2011) to a Hungarian (EEA) National.

She works on contract basis in and around London as a Nurse. Currently she is in India on a 6month Indian tourist Visa, we leave for Budapest 2nd March and hoping to get to London June 2012.

I have checked the UK border Agency website thoroughly and have most of the information.

We have a ll the supporting Documents in place.

Q1 """"" BUt what i fail to understand is that, how does it work when I have to apply from India for my UK EEA FAMILY PERMIT,when we both are in India at the moment and will travel together into London. Cuz, she is a contractual nurse, and used to live on rent, she has a brother and some relatives who can provide us accomodation letters, but regarding her JOb status.(no on contract at the moment). how do we solve that bit man?''''

Ive been in London from oct 2007- april 2009 (studied my MBA , and worked part time, i have all my student ceretificates, part time word payt slips, we both have NI numbers)

we kn0w each other from AUgust 2010, engaged Sept 2011, court married nov 2011, we have emails, facebook msgs, pictures, physical cards and letters

Q2 - How do we show them our pics on facebook, or email.. we do not have them in print, we have loads of video on our laptops as well.. (IS there a way to show electronic data proof)

Will appreciate ur advice!

Terence Vaz

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tjvaz

tjvaz Member

City:
    Mumbai
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English, Hindi, Arabic
    Hey texhourgan,
    Thanks for ur advice.. Am almost there.. about to apply, got married last month.. and moved ot my spouse's in Budapest..

I have 2 questions:

Will the British Embassy in Budapest Hungary accept my Indian Marriage Certifcate (that has been notarised and Appostiled by the Ministry of Foriegn Affairs, Delhi), As we are currently in Budapest,and are palnning to apply from Budapest.

Also we will be travelling together, What kind of Accomdation proof can we provide, she has her brother in London doing a drivers job.

SOS

4. texkourgan

Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    Unfortunately, I don't have experience in this field. Looking at the UK Border agency site, I am having trouble finding definitive answers to your question. :confused:

Does anyone have personal experience with this or advice? Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tjvaz

tjvaz Member

City:
    Mumbai
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English, Hindi, Arabic
    Thank for ur reply tho texkourgan..

We have booked out interview next week with the British Embassy.

We have managed to get a copy of contract and letter of invitation from a close friend in London..

regarding the Marriage Cert deal.. well.. We are just applying in Faith.. as no where it states that we needed approved the country of application,

will keep u updated.

Thanks anyway. :D

6. texkourgan

Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    Best of luck and please do update us with what happens. I would be very interested in hearing about any issues you come across or advice you can offer. Thanks!