Forum Italy

Forum of expats in Italy: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN NOEU citizen Legally living in Italy is possible move to DK?

Discussion in 'Italy' started by Juanito21, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Juanito21

Juanito21 New Member

City:
    Italia Venezia
    Hi,My question is very simple but hard to answer.

I am Venezuelan citizen legally living in Italy for 2 years already, i heard that if a non-EU citizen lives for more than 1 year (legally obviously)in another EU country might have some considerations when asking a working Visa to live in Denmark , is that true ? i do not have the permanet residence in Italy yet though since for Italy it takes 5 years before you can apply for permanet residence but i have a working visa and is renewable all the time.

So the main question is, does my Italian residence give me some previlegs or will make things easier in order to apply for a Working permit in Denmark ?

Thanks
    Juan Carlos R

2. Coyan

Coyan Addicted member

City:
    Den Hague
    Living In:
    Netherlands
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Re: NOEU citizen Legally living in Italy is possible move to

The Law for Freedom of Movement for Third-Country Nationals (TNC) based on their own Rights (not on Family Members) to move freely within the European Union kicks in on 1st January 2006.

However there are conditions attached to it. You first of all need to have acquired Permanent Residence in your first/host country after 5yrs of residence.

Secondly on acquiring the Right of Residence on moving to the second-country you loose your Permit in the first host country.

Thirdly both Britain, Ireland and Denmark have opted out of this Rule so a TNC resident in Europe cannot take advantage of the rule to move to any of the above 3 countries.

In your case I don,t think you qualify.