Forum Togo

Forum of expats in Togo: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice New Members in Togo: Welcome!

Discussion in 'Togo' started by texkourgan, Aug 26, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome to EasyExpat.com -

This topic is specifically dedicated to new comers in Togo. We invite you to introduce yourself here!

Why have you come here? Is it for internship? Studies? A job? Or simply in order to discover new lands?

If you have already secured a job, how did you find it? How long do you think you will stay in Togo?

How was your move? What happened for your first steps here? What was the easiest thing / the most difficult to adapt to?

Thanks in advance for your answers and here’s to a good discussion!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. basson

basson New Member

Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Francais, English, Español
    Hi,
    I'm new member.
    I'm French and in discussion with a French company (final interview next week) to be expatriated in Togo for about 2 years. I have lot of questions about this country.

Is there some expat here in the forum ? To discuss about life condition, expat' area, network, hobbies,... All the feedbacks are welcome :)

Basson

3. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Unfortunately, there is not much out there at this time about the country. Luckily - there are expats on the site in Togo. I recommend connecting with them in the expat network in Togo. Once you've made a few posts you can connect directly with expats and they can hopefully help answer your questions.

I would also recommend Six degrees north's article on 10 Tips for Living in a Developing Country. And I would also point you to our article on Expat package compensation for tips on getting the best deal.

This might be a good opportunity to point out that currently don;t have nay expat bloggers in Togo. If you have a blog and info to share, please add it to BlogExpat: http://www.blogexpat.com/en/dir/continent_africa.htm

Best of luck! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...