Forum Madrid

Forum of expats in Madrid: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN New in Madrid. Looking for friends!

Discussion in 'Madrid' started by michaelflynn61, May 26, 2011.

1. michaelflynn61

michaelflynn61 New Member

Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    Irish (IE)
    Languages:
    English, Basic German
    Hey everyone,

Delighted I found this forum. 25 year old Irish guy here. Just recently moved to Madrid to hopefully get a job and stay here for a while. I really like it so far but would love to get to know some more people here to hang out with, go for coffee with, go out with and all that jazz!!! A city is only as good as the people you enjoy it with. I like going out, eating out, meeting new people (especially from different countries).

So if there are any meet-ups going on or if anyone just wants to meet and explore the city or go for coffee or drinks or soemthing then let me know!! Really looking forward to meeting some people here :) You can message me on here or else e-mail me michaelflynn61 at gmail.com.

Cheers guys, and look forward to meeting some of you soon :)

Michael

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I am also looking for somewhere to live, would like to be central enough and since I don't speak Spanish (yet, I'm working on it!!) I'd like to lilve with people who speak English so we could get along. So if anyone knows of any rooms going for a reasonable price then let me know, cheers :)

2. madridchika

madridchika New Member
    Networker

City:
    Marbella
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, Español
    Hi there Flynn!

Welcome to Madrid! How are you settling in? I have been in Madrid for nearly 5 years! I'm from California, where about in Ireland are you from? I've been to Dublin & Galway. I would really like to go back - hopefully next year for St. Patrick's Day weekend! :)

How's the job hunt going? Any luck? I suggest you contact Club Ivy for English classes! They don't require experience and are always hiring! Here's their website - http://www.clubivy.com/colaborar/

I also suggest LingoBongo, another great site to place ads and find work - http://www.lingobongo.com/madrid/

Have you met any other expats yet? I've loads of other expat friends from other countries, it would be neat to all meet up some weekend over a drink or activitiy! I'm really good about finding fun & free things to do in the city. In fact, check out this website - http://www.cheapinmadrid.com/

If you have any other concerns, I would be happy to help. Oh, about finding a place, check out Loquo - http://madrid.loquo.com/en_us

Phew! I think that is all for now! Hope to hear back soon! Ciao!

3. michaelflynn61

michaelflynn61 New Member

Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    Irish (IE)
    Languages:
    English, Basic German
    Heya!!

Cheers for all of the information!! Just found an apartment this weekend so that's something sorted. I'll check out the other stuff too.

I've met a few people here yeah. It would be great to all meet up some weekend - and I like cheap and free stuff so that sounds good to me. Let me know if you have any ideas :)

I'm from Wexford. Not really a place many people have visited!! It's a great place though. If you do go again you should go to Cork! I went to college there and it's a great city!!

4. lora3187

lora3187 Member

City:
    madrid
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    english, español, français
    Hi,

I'm living in valdebernardo and i'm looking for friends to hang out in my neigbourhoud =)
    I do speak spanish and i could help you with that if you are motivated to come around and haing some drinks =)

See ya

lora3187@hotmail.com :p