Forum Madrid

Forum of expats in Madrid: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Need Friends in Madrid

Discussion in 'Madrid' started by Rocky1, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Rocky1

Rocky1 New Member

City:
    Madrid
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi

My name is Lorraine i am a mum of two teenage daughters (in my 40's) one who lives here in Madrid with me and one living in england. My youngest daughter (16) and i have lived here since July and we are both very homesick because we need to meet friends who speak english here to help us settle better. If you live in Madrid and can help us both a) improve our spanish and b) introduce us to more people please please contact me. My boyfriend works really long hours and my daughter goes to school so i need new hobbies and friends to talk to so i can look to finding a job in the future. I would really like to talk with people who have been through this process and understand the difficulties.
    Many thanks, Lorraine xx

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello Lorraine,

First of all I would recommend to check our guide for expatriates in Madrid ... just in case it helps ;-)

You can also post a classifieds to exchange conversation and get to know people. You can also see our network of expatriates living in Madrid: you can see the discussions they posted into, participates and after a few messages on the forums you will also be able to contact them directly.

Last but not least, I recommend to put a photo in your profile. It's nicer and gives more visibility to your messages :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...