Forum Travel

Forum of expats Travel: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Multiple entries - schengen visa. please help?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by liliifleur, May 30, 2006.

1. liliifleur

liliifleur Member

Bonjour, Hi,

i have a schengen visa issued by the italian consulate in London in february 2006. I used it to go to Italy last february. My visa is for multiple entries and is valid until september 2006.
    I would like to go to France in 3 weeks time for a short stay and would like to know if this visa i have allows me entry to france without having to transit via Italy first. can i just buy my flight tickets and go to France or do i still need to go to the french embassy to show them my passport??
    i looked everywhere in the FAQ or schengen sites and consulates but couldn't find anything related to the subject.
    Thanks so much in advance for replying to me. I need this urgently.

2. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    The Schengen visa with multiple entry is valid for all the Schengen zone. After the issue of the visa, your are free to travel through the Schengen countries.

For non-EU country citizens who wish to visit Europe as tourists, they are required to get only the common Schengen Visa from the Embassy/Consulate of any of the Schengen countries. After this, they may visit any or all of the Schengen countries as tourists without hinderance. They are not required to get separate visas for all the (Schengen) European countries they wish to visit. This applies, of course, only for visit to those countries who have implemented the Schengen agreement.
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_treaty

However keep in mind that possession of a uniform visa does not confer automatic right of entry. This is still dependant on entry conditions such as the means of subsistence, the purpose and the conditions of the stay in your destination country.

To conclude, there is no problem in theory to travel to France with a multiple entry Schengen visa. However I recommend to double check either with the French consulate, or with the Italian consulate which issued the visa.

3. liliifleur

liliifleur Member

Thanks

Thanks for taking time to reply to me. There is unfortunately no way to check with the French consulate as no one can't contact them by phone or email. The only way is to make an appointment for a visa but that usually takes months!!
    i'll try my luck with the italian consulate.
    Thanks

4. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    They do not take months anymore at the French consulate as they have implemented a booking on the Internet... it avoids queuing.

5. liliifleur

liliifleur Member

i know. i've tried it and the next appointement available is on 21 june. that's 1 week after my planned trip :confused:

6. liliifleur

liliifleur Member

i know. i've tried it and the next appointement available is on 21 june. that's 1 week after my planned trip :confused:

7. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Its multiple entry visa for all schengen countries.
    You can go to France no problem,no need to speak to embassy. ;)

8. me_asadi

me_asadi New Member

City:
    UK
    Hi
    I've got work permit visa for UK until 2010 and due to nature of my job, sometimes need to travel across EU. This makes me some troubles as I have to apply for Schengen Visa in embassies and it takes a while to be issued, so that I usually miss my task. Does anyone know if there is a way to apply for a long term Schengen Visa. My company will provide me needed documentaryies in case.

Thanks

9. fhadiwidjaja

fhadiwidjaja New Member

visa

Hi,

I'll be travelling europe this december, my question is about czech visa, If I had a schengen visa, would I be needed to apply for czech visa?

Thanks