Forum Milan

Forum of expats in Milan: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Moving to Milan in 2008, from the US- Need information

Discussion in 'Milan' started by MovingtoMilan2008, Sep 21, 2005.

1. MovingtoMilan2008

MovingtoMilan2008 New Member

City:
    United States
    Hello All,

Let me thank those who have answered my call for information. Thank you.

I am an American moving to Milan in 2008 and I need all the help I can get. If anyone can be so kind to provide any information on the following subjects:

1) Finding work- I am a licensed Real Estate Agent here in the states. I would consider another line of work, what types of jobs are available?

2) Housing- I am looking for a home outside the city. Where are good places to search for homes? What are some of the smaller cities outside Milan?

3) Salaries and Cost of Living- How much do utilities generally run? How are the food prices? Rent? Gasoline? What is the average salary in Milan? What is the standard of living?

4) Transportation- Is it expensive to purchase a car as a foreigner? How is the public transportation? Does it extend to the suburbs? What does it cost?

5) School System- I am bringing my family with me and we have a small child to send to school. Do they teach in English?

6) Is English widley spoken? I am learning Italian to better assimilate and to be more successful in my new country.

I have asked a lot of questions and I am grateful for any and all responses.

Also, if you have any information that you think may be helpful; by all means please share.

Thank you,

2. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
  3. NubianGoddess

NubianGoddess New Member

City:
    Orlando
    Milano

Ciao,
    I have been to Italy twice!! I have some friends there. I know several websites and actually but together a document on advice to go to Italy. I might not can answer all your questions, but you can email me at: whitecassandra@yahoo.com! :D

4. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Re: Milano

You can send contributions on Milan's pages using the form at the end of the city information pages.

5. Mike in Milan

Mike in Milan New Member

City:
    Milan
    moving to Milan

Hello
    I currently live in Milan and have been here for only 6 months so all or at least most of the querries you have I have had to deal with recently so email me on mbrowlands@yahoo.com if you want some help. I am from London originally so my English is my first language!
    Mike