Forum Barcelona

Forum of expats in Barcelona: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Moving to Barcelona

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Annmarie kelleher, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Annmarie kelleher

Annmarie kelleher New Member

City:
    Cork. Ireland
    Hi, ya my name is Annmarie and im from Ireland.

I am studying Spanish at the moment and thinking of moving to Barcelona and doing an intesive spanish course and then im hoping to live and work in barcelona for a few months. Ive never been away from home before and expecially not on my own. I think doing a course for the first few weeks will give me a social circle and help me make friend but then i need to go about getting a job and accomodations.

I would be grateful for any advice of anyone who has moved to spain. Is it easy to get a parttime job, make friends, get a place to live. ???????????//

Thanks.

Annmarie

[%sig%]

2. Galedan

Galedan New Member

City:
    Grenoble, France
    Hi Annmarie,

My name is Jeremy, I am 22, from France and I'm planning to go in Spain and more particularly in Barcelona too on october. I would be glad to know more about you and your project so if you have my message in time and want to establish a contact...

3. miguelm

miguelm New Member

Hola soy de Valencia, España, y conozco Barcelona.

¿Por qué os gusta tanto Barcelona????

I am in the same situation that you.

But I´d like to improve my english.

The first: Spansih is more difficult for the people that speak english, that a french, because french, catalan, spanish come of Latin.

But, Girl of Ireland, I think that you have more oportunities that make a Job, teach english for people.

You can find any job teaching english, and while you can improve your spanish.

In 1 year or less, you can speak spanish very fine.

My e-mail is, mitanew@terra.es , please I need a pen friend,

I can send you, things for learning spanish, and you correct my essays.

Annmarie kelleher you would like to help me????

Then the french boy, In Barcelona live more french people, and I think that you have more easy learning spanish and maybe Catalan (the native language of Catalonia), and now not is difficult get a job.

Please, Annmarie Send me an e-mail (I enrolled a this forum for improve my english)

I live in Valencia, Barcelona is much big, and more cosmopolitan tha Valencia, but the culture, the lenguage, the weather is similar.

Maybe is more easy get a Job in Barcelona, more foreign people live there.

Thanks you.

4. Shugg

Shugg New Member

City:
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Hi People.

My girlfriend and I are planning on moving to Barcelona. We've been planning it for some time now (2 years) so we are confident we are doing the right thing.

We are in the process of selling our house in Edinburgh then I am going to do a course in teaching English. I hope this will help in getting work when we first arrive. We don't speak Spanish so we are going to do an intensive course in Spanish when we first arrive. We feel that if we are in the country then we will be force to learn quickly.

We plan to make quite a big profit on the house so will have money behind us in order to pay for rent in advance.

Does anybody know of any website which provide info on moving abroad?

I found one which is in English and gives a lot of useful info on insurance and the likes.

5. lopez176

lopez176 Member

Shifting to a new location

Me and my family in the process of shifting to a new location due to my job change. My wife was doing some small business related to affiliate-program of some educational institute. She was doing quiet good in that affiliate programs. Now she is getting worried about his work. And we are in real dilema what to do with her job. She said she will pick up some affiliated-program from internet. My friend Lance says it's a good idea to start a program like that. Hope our shifting to new location related to my job will be hassel free for my wife too. And she will be able to pick some internet related affliate programs over there!

6. alexkelleruk

alexkelleruk New Member

City:
    Barcelona
    Hi

I'm moving to Barcelona next wednesday to teach English. I've nevre lived there before and going on my own, so if anyone wants to meet up that'd be great

Alex.

7. xandy13

xandy13 New Member

Re: Shifting to a new location

All the best wishes to your wife.