Forum United Kingdom

Forum of expats in the United Kingdom: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Moving Back to the Uk From the Usa?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Hayleyatfla, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Hayleyatfla

Hayleyatfla New Member

City:
    Sunrise
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi ,
    i am thinking of going through a very big change. I moved to the u.s when i was 12 and am now 32.... After growing up here, been married , divorced, had the nice house, good jobs, even a british fiance, everything has just fell apart in the past 12 months and i find myself staying with friends and not a penny to my name all i have is my little dog.... I have never truly felt at home in the u.s i have some great friends here, but never felt like i fully "belonged" anywhere and i all i can think is maybe all this happened for a reason... My sister never became a citizen and moved back last year but i am now an american citizen and i don't know if dual citizenship exists anymore but i hope so... I miss all the u.k shows like east enders and corri.... Me and my ex used to go over every christmas and i had such a feeling of peace and home and even the kids i grew up with are just as close with me now as then, its like i never left. We go up town to the pubs in birmingham and to curry houses.... I am scared i am making a big mistake , but i have nothing really to lose anymore and i would be so close to the rest of europe that there are a lot more options, i feel.... How did this go for anybody else out there if similar? Just looking for advice for someone in similar circumstance, my mom and are are going for 2 weeks in august to visit. I used every last penny to buy the ticket, but i want to visit and see if i really want to go back for good..... I think in my heart i do... I know i will miss a lot about sunny south florida and people will think i am mad, and i adore the beach but somthing inside is not at peace and i dont think i can find that here right now..........
    Good luck! :d

2. littleblue

littleblue New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    As long as you have a British passport, give it a try. At least then you'll know. ;)