Forum Milan

Forum of expats in Milan: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Milan with children

Discussion in 'Milan' started by banjax, Aug 25, 2005.

1. banjax

banjax New Member

Can anyone tell me if some areas of Milan would be better for a family with small children? My husband and I are considering whether to move there for his work for a year or so with a four-year-old and a young baby. Are there any areas that have good parks, playgrounds, swimming pools, or other facilities for kids? What types of accomodation do families usually live in there?

2. jeff2b

jeff2b New Member

Children in Milan

Hi there,

I have just moved a month ago from London to Milan with 3 children (7,5 and 8 months) and we leave Piazza Gramsci. This is close to Parco Sempione which is almost the one and only park in Milan. The area is nice and I see it quite adequate for children ( Piazza Gramsci is a pedestrian zone where children can bike, play football, etc)

It also depends where you intend to put your children at school. Mine go to the french school which is about 15 min driving.

Hope this helps.

Jeff