Forum Geneva

Forum of expats in Geneva: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Looking for information on childcare in Geneva

Discussion in 'Geneva' started by mtemte, Aug 5, 2013.

1. mtemte

mtemte New Member

Living In:
    United Arab Emirates
    Nationality:
    Irish (IE)
    Languages:
    English, French
    Hi all,
    Im very new to this forum and hoping someone can assist.

We are relocating - my husband will be starting his new job in Geneva and we would like to live French side. We need an idea of where to start looking for somewhere to live but are totally lost. We have a young baby so will need a creche at some stage in the near future. Is it logical to look for a place to live with regards to where we can get a creche? I have heard creche spaces in Geneva are pretty much non existent?

If anyone could give an idea as to where to start looking for creches / accommodation, that would be a huge help!
    Tnx so much

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Re: Looking for information on creches in Geneva

We are here to help! Start with the Guide to Geneva. It contains complete information for moving abroad including information about childcare/creche in Geneva & the School System in Switzerland.

We also include info on finding accommodation in Switzerland and renting a place in Geneva. I would also recommend reaching out to families blogging in Switzerland for advice and recommendations. Welcome to the community and I hope we can be of help in your move. :D

(p.s. I changed the title of your post so people can better identity what you are looking for)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Amineh125

Amineh125 Member

City:
    *mumbai
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    english
    IceBear gave you the maximum of informations to Geneva, it is a real problem for everybody, however,if you or your husband work for a big company or organisation, it would be to ask at human resources Dpt to help you, certains organisations have a deal with nurseries.