Forum Malaysia

Forum of expats in Malaysia: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Looking for Art Supplies in Kuala Lumpur

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by Aida47, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Aida47

Aida47 Member

Living In:
    Malaysia
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi

I have been looking for art supplies stores in Kuala Lumpur. I would be grateful if anyone can share their experience.

Aida

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello,

Can you give us more details? What sort of art supplies? What for?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Aida47

Aida47 Member

Living In:
    Malaysia
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi, Cyrilexpat

Thank you for replying! I am looking for paints and stretch canvas boards, for my personal use.

Aida

4. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    An art/stationary shop ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Ms Sarah Johnson

Ms Sarah Johnson New Member

Living In:
    Malaysia
    Nationality:
    Dominican Rep (DO)
    Languages:
    English, Italian
    Hi, Aida

I'd love to share my personal shopping experience. There is a cosy store where I usually find what I want for my artwork and stationery needs. It is T Square Artists' Supplies in the Central Market Complex. It is adjacent to the walk-through, open-air art galleries of local artists. It is a kind of concept store well stuffed with all kinds of paints ( oil, acrylic, watercolours ), mediums, brushes, canvas and paper. Its atmosphere reminds me of Mediterranean Europe's shops-- relaxed, warm, friendly, and lively... Some of the paint brands I get there are Rembrandt, Van Gogh, Marres, Winsor & Newton, and Reeves.Also, a good selection of artist's canvas and stretch canvas boards in various sizes.

i am used to getting a pleasant shopping experience every time I go there :). First, it starts with the location inself; it's comfortably nestled in the Central Market Annexe, sheltered from all the hustle and bustle of the crowded dusty streets of Kuala Lumpur. and safely accessible in rainy or hot weather through the canopied walkway. The Central Market Annexe is a place where local artists have their workshops and galleries. I always combine my shopping trip to T Square with visisting these street galleries. Even a brief stroll along their colurful collections gives me a boosts of creativity and inspiration :)

The store itself is well-ventilated and air-conditioned; with all shelves easily accessible for calm browsing. The assistance is available when you want it and the staff speak English well ( an important plus for an expat like me ) Besides , they are knowledheable about the subject, so you can ask for their advice when in doubt.

Thre is a printing/ photocopying service corner with the Internet access . And even a counter with cold drinks ( much needed refreshments in the hot tropical weather )

Almost forgot to mention, there si a wide choice of carefully selected stationery items . Plenty of unusual useful stuff which I now rarely see in larger stores...

The arrangement is well- thought of, the prices are moderate, and they provide home delivery as well.

All in all, this store has been my time-saver and problem-solver many a time.

It is a good ides to bring your kids along if you want to accustom them to arts& crafs!

Here is the full address : Lot 1.01A , Central Market Annexe, Jalan Hang Kasturi.

Hope you find what you like! :wave:

Sarah

6. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Many thanks Sarah for your detailed response. :thumbup:
    Also if you want to share more on shopping in KL, we have opened a discussion here: shopping-malaysia-t40026.html

(and you will find more discussions for sharing information on Kuala Lumpur and Malaysia for other expats directly on the forum, as usual).

7. Aida47

Aida47 Member

Living In:
    Malaysia
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi, dear Sarah

I am so grateful to you... I was there today and was lucky to find exactly what I wanted! Many thanks! :)

Aida