Forum Japan

Forum of expats in Japan: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Life in Japan

Discussion in 'Japan' started by EasyExpat, Mar 17, 2010.

1. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hi,

You are living in Japan, or you used to live in Japan. How did you decide to move to Japan?

Help the community and share your experience as an expatriate in Japan. :idea:

Was it a difficult move? Was it complicated to find a job in Japan? To find an accommodation in Japan?

Did you have some visa/immigration issue to go to Japan? Or maybe everything was organised by your company for professional move?

:arrow: You can share here the different steps of your move in Japan. What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Japan?

Thanks in advance for sharing and giving advice. :cool:

2. kimberlyfujioka

kimberlyfujioka New Member

City:
    Honolulu
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English and Japanese
    I lived in Japan for 6 years. I lived in Takasaki City which is a small city. It's in Gunma Prefecture.
    What can I say? There are so many things to say that I learned while living in Japan.
    First and foremost, it is difficult living in a foreign country, so relax and just be satisfied being a "learner" that is learning how to do things all over again like saying the word "vanilla" with a Japanese accent when you order a vanilla shake at McDonalds or a vanilla latte at Starbucks.
    The Japanese pronounce "vanilla' like baneela. ba neel a ha! ha!
    Anyways, good luck in Japan and just ask me any questions and maybe I can answer them. Thanks
    By the way, if any of you will be teaching English, just let me know. I taught ESL for 25 years and for 6 of those years I taught in Japan. (I wrote a book about it which is in the classifieds section of this website.)

Kimberly Fujioka :D