Forum Chicago

Forum of expats in Chicago: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Life in Chicago

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by MarkB, Apr 4, 2017.

1. MarkB

MarkB Member

Living In:
    Philippines
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    English
    I spend there 16 years of my life. I love that city. Downtown great but too many traffic. My best places are located around that streets Belmont Clark and Halsted. Many night clubs,stores and Starbucks coffee. There people are nice,happy so friendly.Also Lincoln zoo,Field museum.Lot of great places.
    There I also start to be artist. I was working many years at publishing company like printer and journalist.
    Meet lot of people. Many nations.

Funny thing is bad experience I had only from my own people.From Poland when I was born.
    Another funny thing is. I was walking at night where Spanish and black lives there but no one hurt me.
    Once I been attacked by some Spanish gang member on part of the city where only whites lived. But its accident that things happened everywhere. Life there was great even.

If you been there illegal. No problem to get job. Of course if you break the law then deportation comes on. But its logic.
    At Chicago and USA if anyone have a dream to do something better for his future its possible. That's why people call American dream. That's real.

Also the suburbs. Nice places to lived.
    Yes its some parts of the city where people be killing by gang members, criminals but those places are occupied by blacks and Latinos.
    Those zones are like other worlds.
    Like a cancer to great city Chicago.
    By the way people there are friendly
    Many restaurants gourmet various.
    Best from whole world.
    Best Jade Dragon Tattoo studio in all US.
    Lot of nice places.

For now is just few thoughts about Chicago.
    If this article somebody like it, I will type more.
    Thank you to let me introduce my memories about Windy City

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...