Forum Spain

Forum of expats in Spain: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☼ EN Services Job Search: Looking for Work in Spain

Discussion in 'Spain' started by texkourgan, Jun 23, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome to EasyExpat.com!

Are you looking for a job in Spain? Or are you looking to recruit new employees in Spain?

We invite you to submit your jobs in our employment section, Job Listings in Spain.

If you are looking to recruit employees, please visit resume and CV listings for candidates for international jobs.

You can also list tips, questions and advice here in the forum. Thank you for sharing your experience! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Anderson C

Anderson C New Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, English, Italiano, Français
    Should I do a research internship in an IIT/IISc or do an in

I am a second year Civil Engineering student. I love learning new things, I don't limit myself learning stuff related to Civil engineering. I enjoy coding, (but I am a bit slow), I am also interested in electronics, Aerodynamics and Fluid Mechanics. As of now, I have not decided if I want to pursue research later, but I plan to go for my Masters degree abroad.
    I wanted to know what is the difference between doing an internship in an IIT and doing an internship in a company. What are the various points that I need to consider while choosing either of them How do I make the most of it? And which one will be of best interest considering that I want to pursue MS.

3. stephaniecortez101

stephaniecortez101 New Member

City:
    France
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    French
    Re: Should I do a research internship in an IIT/IISc or do an in

I think you must go for company Internship. Internship is really crucial for getting a good opportunity in a company. The main factor of internship is that we gain a valuable working experience and we have the opportunity of applying the reality of work to the theroetical knowledge acquired in the classroom, thus adding a new professional experience. I am a chemical engineer and did my internship with one major Oil and Gas company. In my first project I was assisting in investigating the environmental footprint of oil and gas operations. An example project is to investigate the use of dope-free technology used for casing in order to quantify how the use of dope-free technology impacts casing running speeds, waste management at the rig site and other operational issues. A second project was to investigate the use of natural gas to power drilling rigs and hydraulic fracturing operations. I had my internship through http://www.theinterngroup.com/hong-kong where I learned a lot. These projects really tested and honed my ability to stay and I gained a useful experience. where I got to work with senior staff. I was assigned one of the major roles , which exposed me to the tremendous amount of work. Really, I think one must go for company internship to achieve the success in career.

4. IESConsulting

IESConsulting New Member

City:
    Barcelona
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, Englisch, Spanisch, Französisch