Forum South Africa

Forum of expats in South Africa: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Job in Tourism

Discussion in 'South Africa' started by alpha_, Jun 21, 2010.

1. alpha_

alpha_ New Member

City:
    roma
    Living In:
    Italy
    Nationality:
    Italian (IT)
    Languages:
    italian, english, french, spanish
    I am so qualified in tourism and i would like to end my career in south africa is it possibile??

How i can get in touch with sombedoy could be helful to me????

:rolleyes:

2. jacktodd

jacktodd Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    english
    Tourism is also one of the quickest growing sectors of South Africa's economy, its contribution to the country's gross domestic product (GDP) increasing from 4.6% back in 1993 to 8.3% in 2006.
    Go to the Tourism Business Council of South Africa Directly & indirectly, tourism constitutes about 7% of employment in South Africa. Ideally placed to generate new jobs & to add value to the country's plenty of natural & cultural resources, tourism has been earmarked by the government as one of SA's growth sectors.
    This makes the outlook for the industry positive, with the exposure the country will get in the lead-up to the world's largest sporting event, the Fifa World Cup, taking place in South Africa in 2010 - & the accompanying huge upgrades to move & accommodation infrastructure.and i wish you all the best for getting good job in turism.. :)

3. alpha_

alpha_ New Member

City:
    roma
    Living In:
    Italy
    Nationality:
    Italian (IT)
    Languages:
    italian, english, french, spanish
    Thanks a lot if you have good iinformations about, let me know! I will appreciate your helpful

4. DaveSpringwater

DaveSpringwater New Member

City:
    Johannesburg
    Living In:
    South Africa
    Nationality:
    South African (ZA)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi

You should strongly consider ending your career in South Africa. It's a beautiful country with so much culture and historical attractions, you would enjoy retiring here. The tourism industry is booming in South Africa since the successful hosting of the 2010 World Cup. There has been a huge increase in the number of Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town hotels, restaurants, tourism agencies and facilities,resulting in an increase in job opportunities so you should not struggle to find a job in South Africa's tourism industry. Good luck!

5. Merp

Merp New Member

City:
    Johannesburg
    Living In:
    South Africa
    Nationality:
    South African (ZA)
    Languages:
    English, Portuguese
    Tourism is a great working area in South Africa, Its a shame you were not here during the world cup.

6. Merp

Merp New Member

City:
    Johannesburg
    Living In:
    South Africa
    Nationality:
    South African (ZA)
    Languages:
    English, Portuguese
    If you are looking to work somewhere relaxed then try the Drakensburg area. Its a mountainous region, which is a good distance away from the city where you can actually just relax, take tourists out on great hikes, bird watching and so on. I have written an informative article about the weather and Drakensburg accomodation if you want to find out more about it.