Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Indian married to Polish would like 2move to the Uk for work

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by Venkie9910, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Venkie9910

Venkie9910 Member

City:
    Warsaw, Poland
    My question is as follows :
    1. How can i accept or engage in work in the UK if my wife doesn't have a job as yet or is not registered with WRS ? Is it possible that we could travel to the UK (me on my 10 year visa ) together and i can engage in work and then my wife can immediately apply to the HO with the required EEC forms? or is it dead essential for her to find work in the UK and register under the WRS? If so can anyone who has used this path before help us with the same and let us know in detail what we can and should do to start work in the UK. I have lots of job offers in the UK but everyone ask's me for a EU citizenship or work permit which i currently don't have. is there some law that enables me to work in the UK if my wife is there as well and seeking employment? or is there some law stating that if i am married to a EU citizen A8 and moving to the UK I can get a job irrespective of the fact that i don't have a work permit, family permit or EU citizenship?

2. The second question is can we move to the UK ( me on my 10 year visa) and my wife as EU citizen and then my wife finds some work and get the required WRS numbers. do i then have to move back to Poland ( my county of current residence) and apply for the family permit or can i do it from the UK?

3. lets say i do get this family permit n start employment in the UK, what would be the validity of my family permit and can i extend it in the UK or do we have to apply for those EEC forms?

4. the last question is can any body tell me if i live in the UK under the family work permit and travel to Poland once in two months if my residency card in Poland will be inactive. because we wish to app for polish citizenship after 3 years of stay and i am about to complete 2 years in the end of 2006.

We would like to move to the UK and start a working life and on the other hand not loose the chance to get my polish citizenship.

We are really desperate for some information and would appreciate if any of you smart people can help us and guide us.

pls mail me if possible or reply to my posts.

thanks in advance
    Venkie
    in Poland :D

2. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
  3. Venkie9910

Venkie9910 Member

City:
    Warsaw, Poland
    Thanks mate i am very aware of the entry permit details as i have read through the entire form and website months ago. what i wanted to know is if i can get a job offer first and then my wife can apply for residency in the UK without her registering with WRS?