Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN I got fiancee marriage settlement visa

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by flat belly, Sep 18, 2011.

1. flat belly

flat belly New Member

City:
    aberdeen
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Indonesian (ID)
    Languages:
    english
    Dear All, i'Am originally from indonesia and i'am going to Uk end of this month as fiancee marriage settlement visa. Me and my fiancee, he 's an EAA citizent we are going to get married end of next month. We have pay the deposit and approved by register. My question is After we get married and have the marriage certificate can we switch my marriage visa to EAA join family member permit ? or i have to choose only Spouse visa. My problem is after we get married we would love to be able to visit my fiancee family in Ireland and visit other country in Europe. I thought it will be easier if i have an EAA join family member permit so i don't need to make a visa when i want to go to travel to europe. I paid 810 pounds for this settlement visa and i found out that if am spouse or civil partner of EAA i don't need to pay the fees for the visa but because we are still engaged we were just go for the settlement fiancee..... perhaps anyone knows is it is possible to switch my marriage visa to EAA join family permit member instead of Spouse visa. Thank you and have a great day all .

2. Yousafzai

Yousafzai Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    I assume your fiance is dual national? The answer to your question is yes. The fiance visa allows you only to travel to UK to get married and thats actually the difficult part. Once you are married, its your choice if you want to go for EEA route or the UK immigration route.

EEA route would be easier and its free however you need to remember that you will have to wait 6 years before you would be able to apply for British citizenship unlike a UK spouse visa which would only take 3 years.

Good luck !