Forum Philippines

Forum of expats in Philippines: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Help how to apply EEA Family Permit to UK

Discussion in 'Philippines' started by AnswerMePlease, Jan 30, 2013.

1. AnswerMePlease

AnswerMePlease New Member

City:
    General Santos City
    Living In:
    Philippines
    Nationality:
    Filipino (PH)
    Languages:
    English, tagalog
    Hello,

I recently married a Hungarian Citizen last year 2012, and he is working in the UK for 3 years now. I have visited few websites showing us what requirements we need. unfortunately, i can't find a specific instruction how to apply once having all the necessary documents need for the EEA FP.
    And i feel too desperate to find someone who married someone in the UK and ask them how they apply for EEA FP ( if they did applied for that category )

My questions are...
    I am from Philippines, and i am quite confused whether to apply online or to go to the UK embassy in Manila personally (as i am in the Mindanao area) i have visited 2 sites saying i should apply online, still, i don't understand how or if they were real or a total fraud.
    Should i apply online or print out the application form attached with all the documents needed and go there personally?
    Second, who should apply and where?
    My husband is in UK now and we were like thinking if I am the one who should do the travelling to the embassy or he is the one who supposed to go around and apply for the EEA Family permit for me in the United Kingdom itself.
    third, how can i apply and how are the payments given?
    personally or if by nline, should i provide a credit card for it?

I'm sorry, im too confused :)
    Please, if you know anything,please answer me and say any information i need which is not written above.I will forever appreciate the help :)
    And also, can you instruct me like step by step?
    Likefromprinting out to gathering of the documents until going to the UK embassy in manila and who should i see and who should i talk to?:)

Thank you so much! God Bless Everyone :)

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Good places to start when trying to understand how to move to the UK is with the Guide to London and post on "Obtaining a Visa to Live, Study and Work: the United Kingdom". The section on UK visas details the where & how to apply for visas in general, with the FAQ on UK Family Permit covering more of the specifics.

EEA Family Permit (Married)
    People who are married to, or in a civil partnership with, an EU citizen are eligible to apply for an EEA Family Permit. The permit is issued for 5 years and allows unrestricted employment for it's duration. Dependent children can be included in the applications. If you are outside of the UK, apply for entry through the British authorities in your home country.
    The UK Border Agency is the authority and offers a guide that walks you through the process, including how to apply: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ly-permit/ The page on applying from the Philippines can be found here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English
    I believe you should book an appointment at the British embassy in the Philippines so they can guide you through the process. Information on booking appointments can be found here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

Does anyone else have advice? Best of luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...