Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Grandparents Birth Certificate

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by jimmyjones, Apr 24, 2010.

1. jimmyjones

jimmyjones New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi.

All i know is my grandfathers name, date of birth and city of birth (no further details). How easy will it be to trace his address and get a copy birth certificate?

Any ideas?

Thank you,

2. marron

marron Active Member

Living In:
    Poland
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    English, Polski
    generally not a problem. Records are kept at the local level so city of birth is extremely important ... more than the date!!!
    I suggest you contact your Polish consulate and have them order the BC for you. Cost is around $50. They will deal with the Polish offices, language barrier, etc. Much easier than dealing with Poland directly. My US bank charges $40 just to wire money to Poland !!