Forum Spain

Forum of expats in Spain: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Good - Bad Areas in Valencia

Discussion in 'Spain' started by Denis, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Denis

Denis New Member

Hi all that live in Valencia,

I'm looking to buy a house or apartment there in the very near future.

Without knowing the area, I would really appreciate a few words from anyone on, at least, areas not to buy in.

Whatever we go for will need to be near all amenities as our daughters don't drive.

Our two grandchildren love the water, so it would be handy to be near a beach I suppose.

Comments and suggestions also for a reputable Estate Agent and Solicitor will be nice.

If anyone would like to email me, then leave out the obvious in the email address.

Denis
    Soft2000.co.uk

2. Iain

Iain New Member

City:
    Valencia
    Hi Denis

Different people would have differing views. Depends whether you can cope with learning Spanish or insist on having all your dealings in English. If the later, down the coast is probably best towards Benidorm, Alicante, Torrevieja ... if you want to live a real Spanish life, then further North.

Many English people are now taking up residence around the city of Valencia probably because it is still quite cheap by comparison although that will probably change as more and more British move in. Who knows.

see our website <http://www.ValenciaExpats.com>

[%sig%]