Forum Berlin

Forum of expats in Berlin: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Going out and meeting people in Berlin

Discussion in 'Berlin' started by texkourgan, Aug 28, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome!

Are there any places that you can recommend to meet other expatriates in Berlin?

You might already have some experience of life around there; can you give any advice for newcomers who want to meet people to go out and discover Berlin? Are there clubs, groups, or places that are helpful in meeting new people?

Thanks in advance for you tips and for sharing your experience!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hi y'all! :D

I am a moderator for the forum, editor for this site, and an actual expat in Berlin. If anyone is ever interested in arranging an event, I'd love to hear about it.

I also wanted to list somewhere I've met a lot of expat friends, which is through watching American Football. I never would have expected spending time in Berlin watching football, but it has ben a great bit of home and connecting with some of our best friends in the city (I wrote about this in the post For the Love of Football). We meet at Salamas in Niederbarnimstraße 24 in 10247 Berlin (http://www.salamas-bar.de/) most Sundays around 7pm. If you're around - come say hi!

Anyone else have unusual places they've made friends or connected with people?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...