Forum Guadeloupe

Forum of expats in Guadeloupe: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Getting a Driver’s License in Guadeloupe

Discussion in 'Guadeloupe' started by texkourgan, Aug 15, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello -

A driver’s license is necessary in many places in the world and a necessity for many expats.

Do you have a driver’s license? What do you need to get a driver’s license in Guadeloupe? How much does it cost? Do you need to take lessons? What tests and paperwork are required? How long does the process take?

Do you need special documents as an expatriate? Is an international driver’s license required in Guadeloupe?

Thanks for sharing your experience, advice and questions with the members of EasyExpat!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. CurlyTwo

CurlyTwo New Member

Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English, Tamil
    How to get a driver license in Guadeloupe

Hi,

I would like to know what are the steps that are involved in getting a Guadeloupe driver license. Is it good to go to a driving school and start from there. If so, would I get a list of approved driving schools that are in Guadeloupe, So I could choose the right driving school to learn and how would I apply for driver license after learning driving. Wondering, if there is a Guadeloupe transport or licensing department website where I can look into, if they have information listed down. Also, is there a list of driver license local office address available which I can look into to see.

Thanks in advance.

3. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...