Forum Barcelona

Forum of expats in Barcelona: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Get Schengen visa of other countries and travel to Spain

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by velmurugan99, Sep 30, 2011.

1. velmurugan99

velmurugan99 New Member

City:
    Chennai
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English, Hindi, Tamil
    Hi All,
    As per my current plan i need to be there in Barcelona, Spain during Week 42 (from Oct 17th). From now harldy 2 weeks only available (10 working days). But i came to know that, for getting the SPAIN Schengen visa 15 Days are requried (Min 3 Weeks). But currently i don't have that much time to get the visa.
    So my query, is it possible that getting the other schengen countries visas (e.g. Italy, Germany) and travel to Spain.

Please confirm the same asap and thank u very much for your prompt feedback

Warm Regards,
    VEL

2. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Generally speaking with a Schengen visa, you may enter one country and travel freely throughout the Schengen region during the validity of the visa. Internal border controls are limited with no or few stops and checks.
    A Schengen visa is applied for at the local Embassy, Consulate or Visa Application Centre of the Schengen country which you will be spending the most nights on your trip to the Schengen area.
    Therefore you should be able to get the Schengen visa from another country and also travel to Spain using the document.