Forum South Africa

Forum of expats in South Africa: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Fiance Visa for UK

Discussion in 'South Africa' started by nickthom83, Sep 7, 2012.

1. nickthom83

nickthom83 New Member

Living In:
    South Africa
    Nationality:
    South African (ZA)
    Languages:
    english
    Hi all, im about to apply for a fiance visa for the UK and im in need of some help. I have a basic idea of the supporting documents required etc. My questions are, my fiance who is a british citizen, is currently working in Saudi Arabi to save money im working here in South Africa we see each other every 3-4 months, one time she comes here and the next time i go to UK with her to see family and friends. She does not have a confirmed job when she gets back to UK but we will have over 30000 pounds. He mother has also said that she will sponser me if need be. Do you think we will have any problems with us not currently living togethe at the moment. Also where do i go to write the english test and how much does it cost. finally im planning to go over at the end of May 2013 when should i submit my application?

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Make sure to check out the other forums questions and answers about fiance visa in the UK as they can help you prepare. In addition the Guide to London has recently been updated and has a section on visas exploring your options. There is also a FAQ section with information on UK visas, fiance visa, and a recent article about gaining entry to the UK.

As to your specific questions, not currently living together shouldn't be a problem.
    Requirements
    Do collect evidence that you are in a relationship (i.e. Valentines cards, any joint purchase, utilities, correspondence).

I am not sure about the English test. Anyone have advice/experience?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...