Forum Panama

Forum of expats in Panama: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Experience on how to obtain permanent residency in Panama

Discussion in 'Panama' started by Puravida, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Puravida

Puravida Member

City:
    Panama
    Living In:
    Panama
    Nationality:
    Italian (IT)
    Languages:
    italiano,spagnolo
    Hi I am Italian so sorry for my bad English.I have Obtained the permanent residency in Panama easly and fastly.The residency is very important to obtain the job allowance , insurance and bank account.As itlian I have used the Panamian Pacto de Amistad entre Panamà y Italia to obtain the residency.This law allow any Italina and now any European to obtain the fully permanent residency without any problem and great expense, you must only accomplish with certain rules and you must be helped by a lawyer.

Thanks to a friend of mine that has obtained the residency one year ago i was put in contact with a society that represent the best lawyers in immigration and business in Panama.The organization is the Spectra Corporation Panama, the take your name surname pasport , and in a couple of day put you in contact with the lawyer that will represent you to the immigration and that will give you materially the residency card just 3 day after your first meeting.

to contact the spectra corporation you can do it easly at this email : spectracorp(at)hush.ai.
    I have met them in pernson because i was in Panama.

If you need to contact directly the law firm that has helped me personally to take the residence contact me at ivanfly81(at)gmail.com, i will be happy to help you.

To obtain the residency thank the Pacto de Amistad you must :

- Contact a lawyer specialized in immigration
    - the lawyer will incorporate an anonymous society in Panama for you
    ( the society is necessary to ask residency in Panama because the Republic of Panama need to know why you are asking for a residency in their state, the society demostrate your intention to make business in Panama, but you are not obliged to put it in the real business,just incorporate it)
    -After created your society online (you will decide all, nameof society,stocks exct),(you can do it from your home anywhere, then the lawyer in Panama personally will incoporate your society at the Public registry of Panama.) the lawyer will ask you to send by email your scanned docs (citizenship, and other personal docs you can ask at you local city representant)
    -Then you must fly to Panama where you will meet the lawyer in person,he will open the bank account in Panama easly(it is impossible if not represented by a lawyer) where you must put 5000 USD (required by Panamian law),the same day he will take you at the "Migraccion" and then angain the third day to receive your residency card.After 4 days in Panama you are free to come to your home again if you need.If anyone need more info you can contact directly the Spectra Corporation at thei email spectracorp(at)hush.ai or if you want the name of the firm contact me

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello Puravida,

I have moved your post in a new topic as it talks more about your experience on getting permanent residence in Panama.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HappyExpat

HappyExpat New Member

City:
    Milano
    Living In:
    Italy
    Nationality:
    Italian (IT)
    Languages:
    Italiano , Inglese
    Hi Puravida , I am Davide, I would like to remember that Spectra Corporation is known in Panama as TGH Abogados , they are the same Law office, the TGH Abogados provide the migrational service and the Panama Residency program for friendly nations and the Spectra provide offshore services for expatriates like opening offshore bank account, obtain a credit history or credit card or martgage with a Panamian Bank extt. For Italians they have a specific site http://www.tghabogados.com .bye!

4. wayimp

wayimp New Member

Living In:
    Panama
    Nationality:
    Panamanian (PA)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish
    I had a good experience in obtaining a Pensionado and then an E-card. It took a while, but it was very economical. I used a local agent here:

http://panamaresidency.com

5. HappyExpat

HappyExpat New Member

City:
    Milano
    Living In:
    Italy
    Nationality:
    Italian (IT)
    Languages:
    Italiano , Inglese
  6. wayimp

wayimp New Member

Living In:
    Panama
    Nationality:
    Panamanian (PA)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish
    Yes, I am. It is true though. I had such a good experience, that I felt it would be helpful to share with others. I don't make any money from referrals. The service is provided by Tito, a local here in Boquete.

7. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    At least you could provide a bit more detail, to add some information to your post.
    How did you get a Pensionado and then an E-card?
    What did you do exactly? How long did it take? How much did it cost? :geek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. wayimp

wayimp New Member

Living In:
    Panama
    Nationality:
    Panamanian (PA)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish
    First I visited Panama for a vacation, and I met Tito, and he said that he could help with it. Then I went back to the States, and he gave me a list of documents that I would need. It was things like an FBI background check with apostile. These things took a while. When I came back to Panama (several months later), he took me around to various offices to finalize the submission. The main thing that was needed in Panama was a lawyer's certification (by law, it must be a local Panamanian lawyer, which Tito was not.) This was just something that you pay for, however; and I paid $1,000 for it. Then everything was submitted, and it took maybe 9 months for them to process. I returned later to get the Pensionado, but again, this took multiple trips to the Tribunal Electoral in Panama City, and all day waiting in line. So I had that for a couple years, and was coming to Panama once or twice a year for a couple weeks at a time, but not actually living here full time. After moving here to stay, I learned that the E-card was a better deal, and put one on track to eventually getting a passport. So I went through that whole process, which was, again, two more trips to Panama City, submitting papers and waiting in line. In total, the whole process took about 3 years, and cost me $2,000. The time delay was due to my own going back and forth, however, which would delay each step for several months at a time. If one was staying here full time, and very diligent about filing everything with the utmost expediency, it could be done in about one year.

9. wayimp

wayimp New Member

Living In:
    Panama
    Nationality:
    Panamanian (PA)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish
    One thing I forgot to mention: The beauty of this process was that I would only pay as I went. There were various service charges here and there. Like $50 here, $100 there, $150 for that; but it was not some large up-front sum. Often people want to see a neat package, like, "pay $2,000 and get this in one year." That is not how things work down here, and don't get sucked into something that comes off so simple. If you pay everything up-front, it is more likely to get away from you, and leave you hanging. It is best to work with someone who only charges you piecemeal, as the services are provided.

10. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Many thanks, wayimp, for all those information. :thumbup: