Forum Shanghai

Forum of expats in Shanghai: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Expat Meet-ups in Shanghai

Discussion in 'Shanghai' started by texkourgan, Aug 28, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello expats!

One of the most difficult things about being an expat in Shanghai is making new friends. That is one reason why the forum and EasyExpat site are so useful, but maybe you would like to meet new people in person. On this thread, we would like to encourage you to arrange a meet-up in Shanghai.

An expat meet-up can be a big group gathering, a brunch, getting a coffee, a language exchange, or a sports activity. What do you like to do for fun? Are you looking for a group to join or want to organize a gathering in Shanghai?

We would be happy to help facilitate a meet-up, or support expats organizing a gathering using our social networks: Twitter, Facebook, Google+ & LinkedIn. Have something you would like to plan? Let us know here!

Check out past gatherings like in Dubai, Milan, or in London

Look forward to helping you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jennygan

jennygan New Member

Living In:
    China
    Nationality:
    Malaysian (MY)
    Languages:
    english mandarin
    Seeking bahasa indonesia tutor - shanghai

hi

i am looking for a bahasa indonesia tutor in shanghai
    preferably in the hongqiao area

i travel in and out of shanghai, each time i stay approximately 3 weeks to a month

i am hoping to find a tutor who can help me with my bahasa on such a periodical basis

hoping the tutor can start on 8 april to end of april 2014

my email address ganjenny@qq.com

thank you

3. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    I moved your request to expat meet-ups in Shanghai as there is a better chance of response within a more specific group.

I also tweeted your request @BlogExpat so hopefully you can find someone to help. I would recommend trying to connect with Indonesians in Shanghai through the expat network.

Anyone else have tips or know of someone who could help?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kartelwinebar

kartelwinebar New Member

City:
    Shanghai
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    French, English, Spanish, Chinese
    Wine tasting and events organization at the Kartel

Hello !

We regularly organize wine tastings in the Wine Bar, The Kartel, located in the French Concession.

The themes of those wine tastings vary and are linked with a particular region. A professional French Sommelier will teach you the bases of degustation and the history of the wines.

In direct contact with our winemakers, we guarantee a very good quality from our wines with particularly interesting prices.

For any requests, and if you are interested to organize other events at the Kartel (Rooftop or private lounge), send an e-mail to : romain@magnumwines.cn
    Or call 156 1892 4891.

5. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
  6. ClaireCreal

ClaireCreal New Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, Chinese
    Anything still relevant here. I hear meetup has a lot of events but is there more. I want to hear from more expats.

7. Adrian Cahill

Adrian Cahill Member

City:
    Shanghai
    Living In:
    China
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English, Chinese
    Yes there is lots happening here. Not sure about this site, I just found it while looking for places to promote my events. We have NLP Training (Like practical or positive Psychology that you can apply) running regularly. We do that every Thursday night. I also train Coaches and people interested in gaining Coaching skills, as in life coaching, career coaching, executive coaching, business coaching.
    www.pmbaclub.com is cool. There is also Entreprenr and Startup Grind. Also a big collection of sports and language meet ups. What ever you are after you can find in Shanghai.
    Add me on Wechat or check out my own site if you like Adriannnqld or Adriancahill.com

8. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hey, you have been active since May 2014 on EasyExpat.com, so you cannot really say you've just found it :mrgreen: