Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN EU family law for Residence card

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by ozone213, May 3, 2009.

1. ozone213

ozone213 New Member

I applied for a residence card about a year ago under the EU law and got my certificate of application in two/three weeks, like other post ive read, i couldnt get a job or even a provisonal driving license with the COA and I wonder why, :cry:

Anyways I hadnt heard anything from the home office until last month, as they asked for a few documents, which I have sent back to them.. I think this is a good sign because they are probably processin the application.

I just want to know what the time process is or how long it would take before i get the card on my passport because I have a very important interview coming up this week. Thank youu

2. thsths

thsths Addicted member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, English
    It usually takes a few weeks, although it differs depending on how busy they are. Assuming the backlog is gone now, it could be just 2 or 3 weeks.

I would take the CoA along to the interview, and say that you will have your passport back soon. Maybe that works.

Tommy

3. johnrocks

johnrocks New Member

EEA Registration Certificates and EEA Residence Cards allow EEA/EU/EC nationals and their dependants to live and work in the UK. Any citizen of an EU country taking up residence in the UK in accordance with EU treaty rights is entitled to bring their family with them to the UK. Family dependants include a spouse and children under 21, and any other family members who are part of the same household and remain dependent upon the EU citizen.

johnrocks

4. Eric-Poole

Eric-Poole Member

The bad new is that many people have been waiting for their EEA2/EEA4 application to be processed for well over a year. Mine was submitted 8 months ago, and they only allocated a case worker this week (after many repeated complaints).

Cheers. Eric