Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN EEA family permit for my non EEA wife

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by bebo, Dec 16, 2008.

1. bebo

bebo New Member

Hello everyone..I'm new to this forum and hope to have my dilemma resolved by someone experienced.
    Here is the situation..I'm an Italian and my girlfriend is non EEA citizen. We are both living in Italy at the moment and she is on shengen visa, but since we are planning to marry here she will get her residency in Italy.Soon after the marriage we are planning to go to UK and live there and we understood that she has to apply for the EEA permit. We have been together for little over then 2 years and we have supporting documents to prove that (pictures,flight tickets, hotel reservation, bank statement, e mails, SMS, passport stamps etc..). The concern is how difficult is to get the EEA permit approved since we are planning to apply for it soon after the marriage. Is that going to look suspicious (arranged marriage) in the eyes of the officers????

2. sercan

sercan Member

no my friend it wont look like an arranged marriage if you have the those documents as you say but there is problem. you need to have suffcient funds to get eea permit for your wife because the officer will want to see how are you going to look after your wife while you are not working in britain. you need to prove this by documents, bank statemnts etc. if you do that there will be no problem.

3. bebo

bebo New Member

thanks sercan i should be fine with my saving they are up to 30000 euros so i hope this is going to help

4. sercan

sercan Member

thats good then i would suggest you not to worry, take all poddible documents you have to the embassy.