Forum South Africa

Forum of expats in South Africa: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Do you need a TRN? Traffic Registration Number

Discussion in 'South Africa' started by chickenruby, Apr 24, 2012.

1. chickenruby

chickenruby Member

City:
    pretoria
    Living In:
    South Africa
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    english
    Since moving here, we have received little to no help with everything. The latest trying to apply for a Learners Licence for my 17yo son. Despite explaining several times, we are from Britian, we do not know what to do, we do not tick/fit the boxes we were constantly told...'it's ok, you just need a,b & c.
    We learnt early on that this was a constant lie as no one actually knew what we did need, now we carry everything with us, everywhere we go (including a phial of the kids blood, only joking, but I do wonder if it would help)
    We have also learnt that although the websites hold lots of information on moving here, there is no information on how or where to do anything.
    Having sucessfully submitted the forms for my son to obtain a TRN, TRAFFIC REGISTRATION NUMBER, we now have to wAIt to collect and then battle with the next stage.
    In order to help you get a TRN when you buy a car or if you have kids that want to learn to drive, I blogged about our experiences in the hope it may help others.
    You can read all about it here.
    http://www.chickenruby.com/2012/04/how- ... iving.html

2. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Welcome to EasyExpat.com
    Thanks a lot for your comment and helping the others expats. Do you enjoy your expatriation to South Africa? Pros and Cons?

You should register your expat blog in our directory.