Forum United Kingdom

Forum of expats in the United Kingdom: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Covid: Pre-departure travel tests to be scrapped

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 2nise, Jan 5, 2022.

1. 2nise

2nise Well-Known Member
    Networker

City:
    Brighton
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Currently, whether you are fully vaccinated or not, it does not matter, you have to do your pre-departure (PCR or lateral flow) test abroad in order to go back to the UK! :evil:

If, like me, you went to visit family over the Xmas period, I am sure it has been a nightmare: tests before, tests when you arrive in France, tests before you leave to go back to the UK, tests after.... without talking about the amount of paper work. During all the process, before and after, at NO time they checked my vaccination status... like they did not care.

So apparently things are changing from the end of this week, as the government just said that Doubly vaccinated passengers will no longer have to take pre-departure Covid tests in England from 04:00 GMT on Friday.
    More here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59876063