Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Citizenship confirmation

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by sbronsztejn, Dec 3, 2011.

1. sbronsztejn

sbronsztejn Member

City:
    New York
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, Russian, Polish, French
    I am trying to obtain confirmation of Polish citizenship, and would like to know if anyone has had experience with a similar situation, to see what kind of problems I may run into.
    I was born in Lwow, which is now Ukraine, to a father who was a Polish citizen before WWII. We emigrated to Poland in 1957 and lived there until 1964, when we left for the U.S. We left with Polish passports, or travel documents. I lost this document, as it has been 47 yrs. since I left Poland.
    I am not sure which law applies in my case.
    Any thoughts on what difficulties I might encounter on the way to confirmation of citizenship?

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Confirming Polish citizenship is certainly a complicated matter. Consult the extensive discussions that have taken place in this forum: Polish Citizenship. I hope that answers some of your questions.

Are you currently in the Unite States? Working with a Polish consulate can be quite helpful so it is in your best interest to find one near you. The Polish Consulate in New York has a very helpful website.

Best of luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...