Forum Open Bar

Forum of expats Open Bar: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Cable tv troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Open Bar' started by marehilchey, Apr 16, 2013.

1. marehilchey

marehilchey New Member

City:
    olympia
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    english
    Hello,
    I hope this isn't too obnoxious, but I have a question that I hope someone will be kind enough to answer soon. I am staying in a Paris apartment for the week. I was told to turn on the television with the remote from the TV, in this case it is black. Then I was instructed to use the grey remote to change channels and adjust volume.
    Of course I screwed up and used the black one to change channels. Bad mistake, as now I have no idea how to get things back to working order. I pressed the " return " button right away, but nothing but snow...no matter what I've tried. I know I'm in Paris and shouldn't give a hoot about watching TV, but I really would prefer to fix it so the woman I'm rented from doesn't have to be bothered. She doesn't live here and her English is very limited, as is my french.
    Bless your heart if you bother to respond to this!

Mare

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    When you have 2 remote controls, usually one is for the TV and the other one is for the TV/Internet Box (Orange, Free, etc...).
    Usually turn both off (TV black and Box off.
    Then turn the TV back and then the box, and it should work ok...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. free.tv.lovers101

free.tv.lovers101 New Member

Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Filipino (PH)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi Guys,

I think this is a lovely place to talk about great things for adjusting to new locations. I want to let everyone know about an amazing service that i've found that lets me stream free TV online. And gets me access to all the channels that I used to enjoy from back home. You can check JustUnblock site and it works like a charm. I watch BBC, Netflix USA, and about 80 other awesome channels from around the world.

I hope you like it as much as I do, let me know if anyone else has tried this service or a similar service, it rocks my world! You can get rid of your cable.

Enjoy.