Forum Brazil

Forum of expats in Brazil: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN British Doctors in Brazil

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by hillybee79, Mar 14, 2013.

1. hillybee79

hillybee79 New Member

City:
    Edinburgh
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English and a bit of Spanish
    Hello! My name is Karen and I'm a GP based in Edinburgh, UK. My husband-to-be is applying for a job within his company which would involve us relocating to Rio. We are excited about this opportunity but I'm wondering if anyone has any info on British GPs working in Brazil? I've tried contacting the Embassy in London but they haven't been very helpful I'm afraid. Can anyone help? All replies greatly appreciated!! ;)

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello and welcome to EasyExpat.com

First, I recommend our guide for expatriation to Rio de Janeiro. You will find information to prepare for your expatriation, including: removal, documents (visa, passport, customs), jobs, insurance for expatriates in Brazil, ...etc. We have an article about GPs in Rio.

You can also get in touch with other expats through our network of expatriates in Rio. You can participate to the same discussions and after a few more posts on the forum, you will be able to contact them directly.

You can also try connecting with expats through expat blogs in Brazil and especially English speaking expats in Rio de Janeiro. We've also had an expat interviews in Rio.

Last but not least, you should post a photo in your profile. It's nicer and gives more visibility to your messages :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hillybee79

hillybee79 New Member

City:
    Edinburgh
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English and a bit of Spanish
    Hi Cyril!
    I have just uploaded a new pic so hopefully it will show on my profile!
    Thanks for all the advice. I had already found your article on GPs on Rio which relates mainly to members of the public accessing healthcare rather than doctors who are looking for work, but there was a link to a popular health centre for tourists who are English speaking and I have emailed this health centre in the hope that they may be able to help with the information I am looking for.
    At this stage the guide for expatriation isn't needed but if my fiance gets the job it will be invaluable so thanks for that link. I'll certainly try the blogs, the network.
    I really appreciate you getting back in touch with me! The website is great :)
    Karen.

4. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Great photo!
    Keep us informed on your findings :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...