Forum Websites, Help

Forum of expats Websites, Help: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Ban on posting ?

Discussion in 'Websites, Help' started by DelhiFoodTour, Apr 15, 2013.

1. DelhiFoodTour

DelhiFoodTour New Member

City:
    New Delhi, India
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English, Hindi
    Hi,

I just joined this form and posted a reply in one of the thread here weeks-india-t29214.html

I was not promoting any service or business, neither it's my intention to do so in these forums. My reply was strictly related to the original question and possible worth seeing places for the poster. Then I went to edit the post and added details about wildlife parks and beaches as asked by her.
    After submission, I found that my post has been deleted without any warning
    As I can't send any message to mods, I just want to know if I'm allowed to post here or not. Other posters have posted their email ids:
    and another has added link to a commercial site
    No action has been taken against them for posting obvious sales pitches. On the other hand, my post had no links, suggestion to go to a business or any contact details of anyone. It just had names of a few places worth seeing in Delhi, Agra, national parks and beaches. I'm not commercially involved with any of those places either. So, I'm just curious if I'm allowed to participate in this forum or not .

I understand that these forums have a high presence of touts and spam, but moderation should be on case by case basis. I hate touts and spam as much as anyone else

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hi,

If you are talking about this post:
    weeks-india-t29214.html#p78371
    this was not banned but requested moderation approval (this is an automatic system flagging some post to avoid spams). This post has been approved and we thank you for your response and information.

Requesting other posts, they might contain emails for contact (although I don't recommend putting emails on forums, that's a gift for spammers!) or comment that were not considered obvious search for quick linkage... or old messages.

In any case you can refer to the rules of the forums. Be assured that we are doing our utmost possible to maintain the forums as clean and friendly as possible :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DelhiFoodTour

DelhiFoodTour New Member

City:
    New Delhi, India
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English, Hindi
    Thank you very much for the explanation