Forum Sydney

Forum of expats in Sydney: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Any Other Expat Families With Young Kids in Sydney?

Discussion in 'Sydney' started by jamiew, Aug 19, 2010.

1. jamiew

jamiew New Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    english
    Hi,

my wife and i, and our 2 young kids (son 2, daughter 4), are considering relocating to sydney from boston for approximately 1 year.

We are very interested in speaking to or emailing with any other families in a similar situation, who are living in sydney or have recently. Particularly, my wife is trying to understand what life would be like for a mom of 2 in sydney.

Please write back and perhaps we can connect up briefly over phone or skype?

Best,
    jamie

2. sydneymum

sydneymum New Member

Living In:
    Australia
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    We recently moved to Sydney and live in West Sydney in an area known as the Hills District. There is sooo much to do for kids here. There are festivals, parks galore and so so much to do with the kids. Schools are excellent in the Hills District and was told recently by a teacher on another expat forum that you would be hard pushed to find a bad school in the Hills District.

Only trouble with living out here is the infrastructure and it can take about an hour to get into the CBD. If you're still making the move to Oz, I'm sure you and your family will love it!!

Hope this helps.