Forum Brussels

Forum of expats in Brussels: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN American mom looking for other American moms in Brussels

Discussion in 'Brussels' started by frenchie4, Dec 6, 2007.

1. frenchie4

frenchie4 Member

Hi all,

We recently moved from Paris to Woluwé Saint Lambert in the Brussels region. I am a mom of 2 (3 year old and 4 month old). I am looking for other moms who dont work like me who want to meet up with or without our kids. I am home all day and lonely since I have no friends or family here. Please write if interested

2. Fergie13

Fergie13 New Member

Hello - I am American and a mother to a 2 yr old daughter. My husband has been offered a job in Brussels and I am looking for some insight to life for a stay at home mom. What is there to do for moms with children and what is the expat community there like?
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.

3. frenchie4

frenchie4 Member

Dear Newbie,

I am an American with a 4 1/2 year old boy and a 2 year old girl. My husband is french and we have been here in Brussels for almost two years. I am also a stay at home mom. I can tell you one great club to join is called MOPS (Mothers of Pre-schoolers). All of the women there are wonderful and are mostly american. it has helped me make many friends in the area. As for the expat community, Brussels is full of foreigners. There are tons of expats here.

hope to hear from you soon.

frenchie

4. petregen

petregen New Member

Hello

I am interested as well to meet other mom's and to practice English and share babies experiences. I have a 5 months old baby and we are just back from Canada. I would like my baby to learn different languages from very young, when do you think is best to start?
    Do you meet for cups of tea for a chat?

5. petregen

petregen New Member

I have seen you mentionned MOPS, could you tell me more about it? how to join where and when do they meet?

really looking forward to meet some expats in Brussels!!!

6. frenchie4

frenchie4 Member

Hi Petregen,

Sure I can. MOPS stands for Mothers of Pre-schoolers. It's kind of a Christian based group. We are a big group of women from all over but many Americans are there too. They meet once a month (every second Tuesday of the month from 9:15 to 11:00am). We discuss many topics that mothers deal with on a daily basis regarding family and children and there is a craft time. They meet at a church called the IBC (International Baptist Church of Brussels.) Here is their website: http://www.ibcbrussels.org/ibc_mops.htm