Forum Canada

Forum of expats in Canada: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Schooling options

Discussion in 'Canada' started by kurt dupas, Jan 26, 2021.

1. kurt dupas

kurt dupas New Member

City:
    chilliwack
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    english
    we are currently waiting on the permanant resident visa for my wife and kids , we were recently allowed to apply for the temporary visas for them and have done so , the question i have is 2 of our children need to be in school , is there any private or online schools available for them ? can they start an online schooling course while they are still in south africa ? we would like to get them started while we wait for the visas to come through .

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello @kurt dupas
    The best thing is to contact the school you want to register them with. They might provide some online courses with the current Covid situation and the need for some children to self isolate (especially if they have been in contact with someone with Covid).

I suspect that international schools are also more likely to offer such possibilities of remote lessons as some children might be stuck abroad with parents.

You will find a full list of international schools in Canada here: https://www.expat-quotes.com/guides/canada/education/international-schools-in-canada.htm
    Some of them are located in British Columbia in Vancouver.

We have also published an article in our magazine about home schooling, providing plenty of tools. Have look here: Home-schooling and remote work for students

Hopefully the links will be useful. Let us know how it goes!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...