Assistant Accounting Manager
- Overseeing the Accounting department and ensuring that all major projects are completed accurately on time.
- Planning, prioritising, and resourcing for the successful completion of daily tasks and projects.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with clients while fostering open communication to manage expectations and meet deadlines
- Assisting in the formulation of professional development and educational plans for members of staff.
- Mentoring and providing technical training to junior members of staff.
- Developing staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
- Establishing and enforcing proper Accounting and Tax methodology, policies, and principles.
- Assisting the Manager to identify inefficiencies in workflow, and implementing new processes and procedures to ensure timely, accurate financial reporting.
- A University degree at master’s level in Accounting, ACA or ACCA qualified.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a Client Accounting role.
- Capable of managing a team, inspiring, mentoring, and supervising team members to meet demanding deadlines.
- Have a strong knowledge of the IFRS and GAPSME reporting
- Ability to work with a team and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Conversant with standard software packages, proficient in MS Excel and be ready to learn company-specific software if required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver within tight time frames.
- Knowledge in taxation and/or liquidations will also be considered an asset.