(2 positions, full-time)
Shanghai Jinwei Biological Products is a new biotechnology company based in Shanghai, China. The company is currently setting up a bioproduction unit that specializes in the manufacture of High Quality plasmids, as raw material for genetically modified therapies.
The production technician will be working under the supervision of the Production manager. This position will be conducting upstream and downstream manufacturing activities. Depending on the stage of development of the different projects, the technician will be involved in process optimization, process scale-up, validation activities and manufacturing.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Perform production activities at the manufacturing unit.
• Ensure all activities carried on site are in compliance with predefined quality requirement.
• Ensure data integrity while recording.
• Respect the company’s know-how and IP.
Required skills and education
• College and Diploma in life sciences.
• 3-5 years production experiences in biotechnologies.
• Extensive plasmid purification experience is required:
o shake flasks culture of E.coli; bioreactor-based fermentation is a plus.
o plasmid purification on gravity columns; FPLC-chromatography column purification would be appreciated.
• Good knowledge of molecular cloning and screening techniques.
• Experience in bacterial cell banks production.
• Previous experience with setting up and executing SOPs.
• Good knowledge of GDP and GLP. Previous experience in a GMP environment is preferable.
• Good English in communication.
Salary and Other Benefits:
• Gross Salary before taxes: 30~45K EUR depends on experience and competencies.
• Other Benefits:
Allowance for leasing apartment.
Medical Insurance to cover China and travel allowance.
Please send your application to:
Patricia Skorski, Manufacturing Director
Company: jinwei biological products
Location: in Shanghai
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Gross Salary before taxes