Hotels and Bed and Breakfast in Moscow
Moscow offers a place for everyone with prices ranging from cheap, to mid-priced, to some of the finest hotels in the world:
- Suharevka mini-hotel: (Bolshaya Suharevskaya Ploshad 16/18, +7 (910) 420-3446). Pleasant mini-hotel with nice location in the center of Moscow. Private rooms are quite nice for the price (around 45 Euros).
- Host Families Association (HOFA): (5 Tavricheskaya str., +7 (812) 275 1992). Since 1990, HOFA provides visa invitations, home stays, apartment rentals, packages in friendly homes in 60 cities in Russia and CIS. Prices run from 22 EUR per night.
- Hotel Izmailovo Alfa: (Izmailovskoe shosse 71a, +7 (495) 646-0155). The hotel is right outside Partizanskaya metro station with a direct connection to the Ploshchad Revolyutsii metro station. On Sat and Sun there is a Vernisazh market with attractive art and handmade crafts within a five minute walk from the hotel. The hotel is built on the site of the old village "Izmailovo", which was the suburban estate of Russian Tsars. Peter the Great spent his childhood here. The guest rooms reveal a panoramic view of the Park and Petrovskii lakes. Prices start at 3,300 RBU per room per night.
- Hotel Izmailovo Gamma-Delta: (Izmailovskoe shosse 71, +7 (495) 646-0155). This hotel is right outside Partizanskaya metro station. with a direct connection that takes you to Ploshchad Revolyutsii metro station in about 15 minutes. Prices start at RUB 2,300 per room per night.
- Hotel Voskhod: (Altuf'evskoye shosse 2). Relatively cheap and modest accommodation in the outskirts of the city. Located near Vladykino metro station (grey line, seven stops to the city center, 20-25 minutes). Price starting at RUR 1,800 per double room.
- Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Center (12 Krasnopresnenskaya emb., +7 495 258 2222) Located downtown and within walking distance to the historical heart. Newly renovated. Especially good for the business traveler. Features spacious rooms, friendly staff and wide range of dining options.
- The Ritz-Carlton (Tverskaya ulitsa 3/5, Moscow). For one of the top hotels in one of the world's most expensive cities, be prepared to pay at the Ritz Carlton. Although only completed in 2007, the 19th century styling looks authentic with an old world style, look and feel. The staff is fluent in English and is helpful and professional. The astonishingly high rates for this hotel though, do not feel justified.
- Hotel Baltschug Kempinski Moscow (ul. Balchug, 1, +7 (495) 230 5500) Checkin: 15:00; checkout: 12:00. Hotel is located facing the Red Square and St.Basil's Cathedral. It features spacious rooms, good service and a buffet-breakfast.
- Le Royal Meridien National, (15/1, bld. 1 ul. Mokhovaya, +7 (495) 258 7000) Traditional Art Nouveau-style hotel located in city center ideally located next to the Red Square. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable, with plasma TV's, minibars and more. Internet use is extremely pricey though at 16 rubles a minute.
- Golden Ring Hotel, (Smolenskaya ulitsa, 5, Moscow 119121) The hotel is also attached to a casino and is a 5 minute walk to Arbat Street and the Foreign Ministry building). Views from the rooms are fantastic, and the hotel is located near all the main tourist sites. However, as the large majority of their clientele are business travelers, they would do well to implement Wi-Fi access, (no free Wi-Fi at the hotel).
To book a hotel you may also double check with www.tripadvisor.com/.
If cheaper accommodations with a group backpacking atmosphere option appeal to you, hostels are the place you should stay. Some recommendations within Moscow:
Godzillas Hostel Moscow
Bolshoi Karetnyy 6, apt. 5 on the first floor
+7 (495) 699-42-23
Checkin: 2 pm; checkout: 12 pm. Convenient location near bars and restaurants and a 20-25 minute walk from the Kremlin. Small number of showers and internet terminals are the only downside. Prices start at 725RUB per night in a dorm or at RUB1,740 per night in a double room.
Maly Zlatoustinskiy 2 (4th floor)
+7 (495) 628-66-95
Good hostel with an excellent location in the quiet city center. Dorm prices start from 800RUB per night.
Maroseyka street 11, 3rd floor
+7 (495) 628-31-26
Checkin: 12.00 pm; checkout: 12.00pm. A nice clean hostel, with an intimate atmosphere, located only 10 minutes walk from the Red Square. Free internet. NOTE: Comrade Hostel is not registered to issue Russian Tourist visas. They may issue you an invitation, but it will not be accepted at the Russian Consulate. 700 RUB per night in a dorm.
2-y Neopalimovsky per.
+7 (495) 778-24-45
Checkin: 1 pm; checkout: 12 PM. Located in the picturesque quiet park zone within 5 minutes walk from metro station and 20 minutes walk to the Kremlin. Prices start at 550RUB per night in a dorm or at RUB2,000 per night in a double room.
Malaya Ordynka street, 5/6, 1st entrance, 3rd floor
+7 (495) 959 13 47
Checkin: 12PM; checkout: 12PM. Central location, 15 minutes away from the Red Square. A clean, funky hostel with a warm and friendly atmosphere. Prices start at 800 RUB per night in a dorm or at 2000 RUB per night in a double room
To check out these hostels or find one of your own, you can use:
Bed & Breakfast
For a more intimate experience, a Bed & Breakfast might be the perfect answer.
Flamingo Bed & Breakfast
The closest Bed and Breakfast to the Kremlin, only 30 meters away from Tverskaya Street and Chekov Theater.
Dorothy's Bed and Breakfast
Fade Eva street, house 7/3, apartment 114, 125047
Located in the art and cultural area of Moscow, this establishment provides a comfortable atmosphere and personal service.
Samovar Bed and Breakfast
Staropimenovskiy lane 16, flat 54 127001
The decor is a fusion of fresh IKEA design meets Soviet kitsch.
To look for more options, go to www.bedandbreakfastcenter.com or www.travellerspoint.com/guesthouses.
EasyExpat.com has set up a partnership with EasyVoyage to provide a wide range of cheap hotels and high quality customer services for our Travel Service. To find the best hotel, nothing is simpler ! All you need to do is indicate you city, your dates in the box below and we will find the best hotel matching your criteria among all our partners’ deals. Is it well situated? Does it have a good rate? Look all the extra information and find the perfect hotel to travel lighthearted!
EasyVoyage is the largest travel comparison site with more than 30 Hotel booking site partners!