Hotels and Bed and Breakfast in Rome
We have compiled a list of affordable and charming hotels in the historic center of Rome:
- Albergo Del Sole Al Biscione: via del Biscione 76, (Pantheon area) Tel. 39/06-6880-6873, www.solealbiscione.it (Credit cards not accepted, no wi-fi.)
- The Beehive:via Marghera 8, (Termini area) Tel. 39/06-4470-4553, www.the-beehive.com (Visa and MC accepted, wi-fi available.)
- Hotel Antico Borgo di Trastevere: vicolo del Buco 7, (Trastevere area) Tel. 39/06-588-3774, www.hoteltrasteverehouse.it (Amex, Visa, MC accepte, No wi-fi.)
- Hotel Colors: via Boezio 31, (Vatican area) Tel. 39/06-687-4030, www.colorshotel.com (No credit cards, no wi-fi available.)
- Hotel Panda: via della Croce 35, (Spanish Steps area) Tel. 39/06-678-0179, www.hotelpanda.it
From From January 1st, 2011 a new tax is added to Rome hotel bills by the Municipality of Rome.
All visitors to the city are now expected to pay a per-person per-night tax on the first ten nights of their stay in Rome.
Those staying in 4 or 5 star hotels will pay 3 euro per person per night. Bed & Breakfast accommodation and farm inns will be charged at the lower €2 for a maximum of ten days.
Visitors to youth hostels will be exempt from the charge. However, those staying on campsites inside the city boundaries will be charged €1 for a maximum of five days.
The tax will be collected at the end of a visitors’ stay in the city.
Funds generates will be used to financially assist city authorities in efforts to organise urban services.